Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our New Blog

Welcome to our new blog site. I have always been fairly savvy with the email thing, but overall I would categorize myself as technically challenged. Blogging's simplicity allows this editor to have a space to share what's going on behind the scenes at our offices located in glorious southern Utah. Our location puts us smack center to all the action between the Payson/Dixie Line (south of Provo, Utah) to viva Las Vegas and any adventurous points along the way (ever played on the river in Laughlin?) Our journey to produce each issue of elan woman is full of surprises, laughs, heartbreak, triumphs and chocolate. I look forward to inviting you inside our world and seeing the playful side of our creative environment. It's a mix between The Devil Wears Prada and Legally Blonde (thank you Chris Waddell for thinking of me).

This week we will finalize the many details to our one year birthday bash coming up next week. We will thank our supporters, pay tribute to our advertisers, and announce our very first elan woman professional of the year and volunteer of the year. Oh, I do love a party! The Split Rock group is our host for this unbelievable evening in their Estates at Northbridge Parade Home, "Bramasole" (I love to say that word). That leads me to the real question that must be answered, "What's a girl to wear???" Now the guys will make that simple, grabbing what ever is within arms reach. Their big question is, "What's to eat???" Painted Pony is our choice to cater the celebration - let the taste buds rejoice! As for me, I will head to Bella Donna in search of an LBD (little black dress) and while there grab some of those hilarious new sticky notes with the sassy remarks that June Pace may have coined herself!

So much to do...I need a diet coke with ice so I receive the proper amount of hydration. With the March/April birthday issue off to print, we can take a breath and visualize what's next to unveil that defines elan woman as more than just a magazine. We will allow some of that colorful vision to unfold through this blog. Each day is a gift that is just so fun to unwrap. I love presents...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Darci and to your entire staff as well! Just on a lark, I typed in elanwoman.com and found your website, and thus the blog! You go girl! Grab a DC and get busy. When shopping for that dress, just remember the song... What a girl wants... what a girl needs... whatever makes you happy and sets you free... For now I'll remain annon, just to keep you guessing!! Hope you love a mystery as much as you love presents!!! Ha!

Great Grandma Lin said...

hi, i've just discovered your blog and magazine and would love to be involved somehow. i sent a proposed article on reflections of life in utah to your po box as your email box was full. would love to be involved somehow. i teach creative writing, blogging and love to help others change their lives. check out my blog and articles i sent and see if i would fit in any where on your staff. i'm retired but want to continue to grow. lin floyd in st. george, sunriver

blog http://lettersfromlin.blogspot.com