Friday, March 7, 2008

Dirty Jobs...

It has been a fast paced week at elan. We've been designing the May/June issue and it's going to be beautiful. I'll give you a hint...lots of color...hmmm...that could be interpreted several ways so I'll let the imagination run wild. This time of year I think I just feel wild anyway with the glorious seasonal temperatures. However, slipping into a short sleeve shirt I was reminded of the importance of exercise. Some how that part of my life has been skipped since launching the magazine and it shows. The dangling skin flapping as I gave a girlfriend wave to a neighbor was a true sign to pick up the weights.
Yesterday while driving out to Ivins, Utah, I hit a pot hole from road construction. Well, so I don't sound totally blonde, I swerved to miss one hole that led me smack into a smaller hole, puncturing my tire. I pulled over and wasn't out of my car 30 seconds before a young police officer from the City of Ivins pulled up (law of attraction at work). He offered to change my tire. Instead, I insisted he teach me to change the tire on this rather new car that I have. Down on all fours in my flowing silk skirt, I felt like I was filming an episode of Dirty Jobs. When the task was through my hands were black, my skirt damaged, but the good news is, NO BROKEN NAILS! And, I can now change a tire if need be. Thank you to my darling officer in Ivins for taking the time to stop. Of course I sent him off with a hug and a copy of elan!
Today it's off to the Soup N Bowl (I made a bowl...but it's completely unconventional since I decorated it with bling), then dolling up for the Dixie State College "Fire & Ice" gala tonight. Monday it's the regional Women's Conference and somewhere inbetween, I'll lift a few weights, or carry a few grocery bags...isn't that the same?

No comments: