Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Purpose

Headed south to Mesquiite and Logandale, Nevada today with sales executive, Paula Bell. Enjoyed visiting our clients. High Desert Design has a fabulous show room and lots of STUFF to go along with my living room re-design I'm taking on in the next few weeks.

While in Nevada, I met with a lovely woman that we will feature in the Sept/Oct issue. This beautiful, 51 year old, mother of 8...yes, 8 (with a set of twins in the mix) was such an inspiration to my heart.

As we chatted I pondered her extreme humility in acknowledging her MANY talents. As a matter of fact, when I initially called her, she didn't see herself in the creative light that I had heard of. Sharing some time with her today, my soul was elevated by her kindness and admiration for the work that's been done with elan woman. However, it was I who was inspired by her spirit. "You, a gorgeous mother of 8, so talented in your own right...it is MY privilege to spend this moment with you." Divinely unique, yet like others I've come to know...she was unsure of the question, "what's next?"

Deep in trying to unravel my own evolution, I shared with her what I have learned. "It isn't until we accept the magnitude of the fullness of our purpose can we really know what is next. When you embrace the awesome presence of your existence in this moment, you will become alive and ready to experience what is next." She truly is an incredible spirit...what a treat to have a new girlfriend. I'll share her with you in the fall issue of elan.

Thanks Paula for joining me on a little road trip. I revived my energy source with great conversation, string cheese, and of course, a cold diet coke!

No comments: